Sunday, February 25, 2007

Petition for Prayer

Please say a prayer for Lynda. Please say a prayer for me. Please say a prayer for she and I. And anyone else that comes to mind who is hurt, lonely and facing an uncertain future.

You see, we finally had that talk. I knew things weren't right; I can read Lynda pretty well, her actions, attitudes and behaviors. Foolishly, I thought we just needed some time together; to air some things out and get some communication happening. It seems that for her things are over and that I'm not to be hopeful about resolution. I'm still thinking along solution based lines and slipping occasionally into self-preservation mode. How to resolve and make things right again; then - where will I be living next month?

Strange; I did Kel's (at xfacta) exercise about our perceptions of relational things in our world after she posted the other night and things looked pretty good. Some things needed to be tweaked. I did it again last night after our talk; the new one doesn't resemble the first one in the slightest. Two hours of brutal honesty can skew the world as we know it pretty remarkably.

I didn't post last night cuz I had a lot to think about and I didn't want to spew all over these pages. I may recover this post; right now getting it down seems important. I am plugged into some good supports - I've spoken to a couple of the other counsellors here and a couple of the people I'm closest to in AA.

Owen's birthday party was today and I decided not to attend so that Lynda could enjoy the occasion as best as she was able. Feelings are too raw to be in each others faces. We're supposed to talk more stuff out Sunday.

All I've ever wanted is that she be happy. So, whether we're together or apart please pray for that.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Norm, I'm so sorry to hear this! Relationships can be so hard at times (says she who has avoided them for 10 years...). I hope both of you find peace and resolution, in whatever form it comes.

Thoughts with you...

5:12 AM, February 25, 2007  
Blogger Kel said...

Chinese philospher chuang-tzu once said...
when we understand,
we are at the centre of the circle,
and there we sit while yes and no
chase each other around the circumference

I pray that the Father will be with you in the centre of your circle, always, but especially this week as you process and work through issues of the heart

5:02 AM, February 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home