Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Rattle and Hum

Things bobbing around my cranium:

*Lynda and I have yet to get any time in where we're both a 100% with it. She had a touch of food poisoning that knocked her out of commission for Friday night and the day Saturday. All better now tho. So, we didn't get our dinner date in - something to look forward to soon.

*While Lynda was laying low recuperating I took Mom out for a few hours looking through the used book shops and picking up a few household things. She reads 4 or 5 novels per week; knits; does 3 or 4 crosswords a day. Mom likes to be occupied doing one thing or another.

*I checked in with Sarah tonight and she's still having quite a time, nearing the end of her first trimester. She's been missing a lot of time from work and is getting sick of feeling sick all the time. I've spoken to a couple of women* lately who have been nauseous throughout their pregnancies and I hope that won't be the case for Sarah. (*in all those cases they were carrying boys - something about male hormones in their systems{?})

*While I've come to know a great many people in AA over these last few years, I don't know very many of their last names. On the new committee that I'm sitting on we use last names and I came to know that one of the women and I share a common surname. She was telling me that her father is into genealogy so we've connected him with my aunt who has all our family history. What a hoot it would be to find that we're distantly related.

*Still on AA stuff ... over the course of the last week two more guys have asked me to sponsor them which would bring the total to five. I'm thinking of starting a meeting that would rotate through each of our homes, once a week, which would be a 12 step commitment and AA Big Book study group. Hmmm ... propose it and get some feedback. Progress; not perfection. The process must be continuing and demonstrative changes happening for this to be occurring but it isn't always self evident. I know I'm nowhere near perfect and not likely to be anytime soon.

*While I attend a lot of AA meetings as part of my job (with the guys in-house) they aren't a substitute for taking time to attend on my own time, for my own benefit - so last Friday night I went to a 25 year medallion presentation. Was I ever glad I did. The speaker had a message that resonated with old-timers and newcomers alike. It reminded me of early recovery and being afraid of not attending particular meetings as I might miss something that I desperately needed to hear.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

"Progress not perfection." I like that. Perfection is highly overrated, if you ask me.

We've had an unusual winter, too. Warmer with less snow.

I hope everyone is 100% well soon.

10:57 AM, February 21, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Yes, if I was ever to be perfect I likely wouldn't be able to stand myself. And I think it would be boring as h*ll.

Winter - definitely colder but with less snow.

We are better - maybe not 100% but close. Thanks for the good wishes!

11:56 PM, February 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home