Monday, February 05, 2007

A Real Quick One

I ain't dead yet; I've just been feeling rough which has prevented me from doing much of anything this past week. Managed to get it together just in time to come back to work. Very strange week tho! If you're enjoying good health, you are truly blessed.

So what's up??

*I'm still doing the night gig here but I've taken on a new area of responsibilty in order to help out and earn a few brownie points.

*I did get out for a while one day last week to apply for a job elsewhere. Closer to home, better pay, great benefits, a couple of people on staff that I know slightly.

*It's Canada! In winter!! It's incredibly cold!!! Not surprising but very 'in your face' -40 with the wind chill sort of cold. I broke down yesterday and got out 'Big Red', my down-filled coat. What a difference it makes. So much for style.

*Lynda and I have hit a rough spot; there are things being left unsaid so as to avoid a major blow-out. Cooler heads need to prevail - let some of the steam ease off before some sensible confrontation. Ever notice that men and women perceive the world and our relationships very differently?? Too true.

*Grandson Owen was out with his parents for the day Saturday and he continues to develop into a very bright and entertaining little character. He'll be 3 in a couple of weeks and we'll be headed off to his party.

*My quit date has passed and although my smoking is drastically reduced I continue to smoke. 10 a day is better than 30 to 40, but it certainly isn't as good as none.

*Last week I managed to get my camera and computer talking again (or was it before last week - it's a big blur to me now) so I'm really hoping to figure out how to start posting some pictures. Possibly this week. Don't hold your breathe tho.

That wasn't as quick as I was planning but I do carry on a bit now and then. There's some work to finish just now though. Later.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

sorry you've been sick
happy you're on the mend
perhaps you could celebrate by posting a photo of the big red fluffy parka

5:15 AM, February 07, 2007  
Blogger Robin said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well, Norm. I hope your health is improving now.

Winter finally made it to the Bogs (the high there yesterday was 0 degrees F) and to Sabbaticalville (the high here was 8 degrees F).

Cutting back is good. :) Just keep changing your habits and when you're ready, set up another quit date. I found it easier (not easy, just easier) to quit after I made major changes in my habits.

10:34 AM, February 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home