Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Random Ramblings

This title is a direct steal from Michelle at 'seeking serenity'. Thanks 'chelle. (credit where its due and all that)

Sunday was a 24 hour day for me and it was physical bliss to slide between the sheets when I got home from work Monday a.m. It took a while to wind down but once I did, I did some serious sleeping...about 9 hours worth. I was pretty loggy for the first few hours today but otherwise doing well.

Before coming to work tonight I checked in with Lynda via phone and we had the nicest, most civil, friendliest conversation we'd had since I don't know when. I'd managed to lose the anger and hurt I'd been carrying all weekend. It was mainly nuts and bolts stuff about selling the house; where she and her sons may go; and the fact that today is her birthday. She has tentative plans to go out to eat with some of the women she works with but if that falls through we're going out for dinner before I come to work. A mutually agreed suspension of hostilities.

I mentioned a while ago that I had it in mind to try and quit smoking again. With all that's been going on I've had to be satisfied with maintaining at about half my usual consumption; and that's okay for now. The only way in which it has increased is when I've been putting in the 18 - 24 hour days but only because I've been up so many hours in a row - I've been consistent at least. I've been following a woman's (Sue's) quit diary blog and being the helpful, opinionated sort that I am - commenting. You can follow our back and forth at callinitquits.com.

Thankfully the house population here at the Tx centre is down a bit and with the exception of a couple of younger guys, relatively quiet. Just what the doctor ordered.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine trying to quit at a time like you're going through right now, Norm. Big kudos to you for maintaining. Maintaining is good. :)

6:35 PM, March 20, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Maintaining will have to do. Quitting is still on the priority list; it's just fallen a few notches for the time being. So long as I keep it in mind it's a good thing.

1:14 AM, March 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home