Sunday, April 08, 2007

Appreciating The Differences

Bad times are just like good ones; they don't last. Thank God. Looking back over the week I can't believe the changes in physical health, lowered mental activity, improved mood and overall outlook. I've received some more messages of encouragement that have given me new insight and different perspective on things. Thought provoking. There are no coincidences.

I did run into Audrey at our outside meeting last night and she told me that she'd prayed for a good outcome for us after we'd last spoken. That sometimes she meets someone through AA that she finds a real connection with and that I'm one of them. Bless her; she likes my direct but calm demeanor. She embodies the best qualities of long-term quality sobriety and sets a standard for the rest of us to try to attain.

Sarah just called and she's been feeling a little better and has gained 6 pounds in the last 2 weeks. My night is over. So long.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Norm,
From where I'm sitting it would seem as if you were right on track. The obvious emotional road you are journeying is typically normal and as I remember it...as shitty as can be but you are truly not wandering from your path. What I mean is..your writings are not sending a message of hopelessness my friend in fact they are screaming of all the lessons you so quietlyand wisely have learned. Your writings give a sense of KNOWING even though the road may look so cloudy, so dismal you just know you'll be fine.
Norm, I do not know you as a person to pack things in but to reframe them and continue your search for understanding and INNER PEACE. You are one helluva example when it comes to finding the lesson in something.
My friend, relationships come to an end, not so much altogether but in the form that you are familiar with. Relationship endings help us find out what we don't want in our lives and pally you need peace for that HUGE HEART of yours.
It is obvious the needs of your spirit are in conflict with those your ex-partner is aimlessly and wrecklessly heading towards.
Man, what an awesome, cool and interesting fella you are. I see someone who is going to be SO HAPPY while someone wears out her boots from kicking herself due to a sudden awareness she's lost an amzing guy!

Your Amazing,
J

12:07 PM, April 08, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

JPW!?!? - Long time since you've stopped by, bud. Thanks for your many kind words and valuable perspective. You'll be giving me a big ego if you keep that and that's something I can't afford to carry.

Keep me in mind work-wise and that while I'm after cheap acomodation, I do need alot of space for all my stuff. I'm going right now to make some calls about that - the search is on.

Stick around; good to hear from you!

11:51 AM, April 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"My night is over." Did you mean that figuratively or literally? Maybe a bit of both?

I'm glad to hear your daughter is feeling better and gaining some weight. That's good news. :)

12:51 PM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

fig/lit? Good one!! Seems you're right on both counts.

Yes, I'm relieved about Sarah. I was starting to really worry about impacts to the baby. We had a half hour conversation during that post and she seems much better. T.G.

10:27 PM, April 09, 2007  
Blogger Kel said...

see... we do all meet each other for a reason :)

4:56 AM, April 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home