Sunday, April 22, 2007

Regarding Change

One of the guys leaving Tuesday gave me this perspective piece tonight. He doesn't know I have this blog, nor it's name. He knows nothing of what is going on in my personal life.

'When we make decisions or experience conflict we need to look at the greater whole. The end result we want to accomplish is peace of mind. If we keep this goal in mind, we will, overall, live a happy and fulfilling life.
Everything in the world is constantly changing so we should not resist this change.
A good question to ask ourselves is, 'Would I rather be right or happy?' If we would rather be happy, then it is easier to let the little things go. If we would rather be right, we tend to look for the win/lose.'

From 'The Elder's Meditation Of The Day'.

Personally, I'd rather be both right and happy. Lately by being right in thought, word and deed I have achieved a measure of happiness.

***Those 'wishing stones' - I traded with Lynda for a day. She took 'faith' and I carried 'hope'. I came to the conclusion that so long as I have faith I will have hope anyway. If I have only hope that is all I will have.***

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting caught up with you again and I'm very, very glad I stopped by today. There are quite a few pearls of wisdom in your recent posts, some of which I needed to hear today. Thanks, Norm. :)

I really enjoyed your photos. Owen looks like a charmer. :))

Wish I could help you with some of those technical questions but I put these widgets and gadgets on my blog and have no idea how they work. It's odd how I'll do that with my blog, but not with other things in life. I usually like to know what I'm doing before I do it. I wonder what that says about blogging... or about me. LOL!

4:43 PM, April 22, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Hi Robin - I'm glad you found something useful in all of that. Bottom-line: I'm just a guy; one who likes to help where and when I can.

We spent the day with Owen and he's on the go so much now that it's hard to keep up. Whew!

5:20 PM, April 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home