Friday, April 27, 2007

Tangent

As the result of #2 stepsons research into the local real estate market and my disappointment with the units available for rental in this vicinity I have a call in to my contact at my bank to see if I can't be approved for an entry level amount mortgage for a townhouse or condominium. I hope to hear later on today and figure with my payment and credit history that it should fly. Wish me luck. Through #2 I know of a power of sale that's in the right price range; it'll need some work but that's to be expected. If the answer is negative I'll be back in to the search very quickly and with luck be gone very soon.

I had my first one on one session yesterday with that teen ward. That after having had a team meeting the previous day at his school with his vice principal, 4 of his teachers, a contact from a social service agency and a Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder expert who ran the session, and his foster Mom. In the presentation there was a pretty black picture being drawn so in our session I was testing, probing in an oblique way and rechecking the experts evaluation. I think she needs a more current assessment to work from because a lot of what she was proposing in terms of cognitive and memory abilities didn't hold up. He appears to operating at a higher level than what she thinks.
By the way, his isn't an addiction issue - it's early onset experimentation that we would like to change his perceptions about. Illegal and illicit, some consequence, inconsistent quality and therefore dangerous, altering mind/mood to cope with stress - other better ways of doing that.
The early part of the session took place at an indoor mini putt golf course - black lights, day-glo colours, music. I won, too - 71 to 75. Then we retired to a restaurant for a talk and while it was supposed to be a casual, get-to-know-ya, we did wind up covering some ground on issues.

One side issue to having worked so much lately is that I'm exhausted but still having trouble sleeping. This swinging shifts is for the birds. The last 2 nights I've been in bed between 9 and 10, had a few solid hours, then been awake pretty much from 3 a m onward and up around 5 because I'm bored of lying in bed.

After those few days of clear weather we've had on and off showers, high winds and at times driving rains. The flowers in the garden are sprouting well but no flowers as yet. I'm looking forward to the colours of the lilies, irises and tulips. The grasses have turned from a dun brown to glossy green and the trees have budded very quickly - bring on the leaves!

My AA friend has returned from Florida and we spent an hour talking in the parking lot after our home group meeting Monday night. It was good to get a healthy dose of his eminent sanity. He's quite a guy - he's also a member of Overeaters Anonymous and has lost a further 20 lb since Xmas for a total of 70; he looks good, better than he's ever looked in the 4+ years I've known him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As requested, wishing you lots of luck, Norm. I hope it all works out well for you.

6:34 PM, April 27, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Turns out the bank was a washout and now I have a mortgage broker on the job. More luck, more luck ..best make it the good kind!!

9:34 PM, April 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home