Monday, May 28, 2007

Early Monday Musings

Except for feeling crappy physically it was a great weekend. I'd attended a friend's medallion presentation meeting Saturday night and when I got home Lynda and I sat up and talked...and talked...cried some...laughed some....talked some more. More feelings and perceptions straightened out.


Sunday we went to do the job we do each weekend and part way through I went to talk to her in order to clarify and expand on something we'd covered the previous night. She wound up sitting in a doorway, me in the hall and we talked, cried, laughed and hugged...for about 45 minutes. Made the job a good deal longer but what the hey!
We got home and I read to her some of what I've been reading and discussing lately - (not to get all metaphysical on y'all but) - we are what we think and believe; we are affected by our associations, good and bad; our reality is plastic and malleable by the application of positive thought - 'prayer'; prayer directly affects present and future events. There are also some things that are fixed and never changing to be relied upon.
She asked if I was trying to tell her something in particular and I said, no, that these are some of the things I'm occupied with these days.
Then I told her what my prayers for her are and have been. Lynda said, 'We are still splitting - you do know that.' "This isn't about that; the prayers aren't for me or for us; just you. Wouldn't you like to be free of self-doubt, worry, guilt, suspicion and fear? Don't you want to be happy and successful in your new life?" She gave me a strange, quizzical sort of look, a hug and sent me off to rest before I had to leave for work.


Lynda called me here at work tonight as she was going to bed. She NEVER calls me here. I thought there'd been an accident or someone was sick. She'd called to fill me in on her evening and to wish me a good night. Sometimes little things mean a lot. Hmmm....a prayer answered.


A little later I called Sarah in Vancouver to wish her a happy birthday - my baby is 26 now. She's doing well, had a good day with friends and future family, and is happy. Her happiness is a gift to me and I'm glad she's in good hands.

It's been a busy night getting organized for the week and helping a new guy get settled. Later!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home