Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturday Yadda.....

Lots of calls and running around today.

I had to go to three different library locations to find what I was after but, eureka! Here's the list:
Tom Harpur's 'The Pagan Christ'. He's a Canadian, a former Anglican minister who has authored a number of books regarding religion, Christian belief and approaches/attitudes required for religious study.
Emmet Fox's 'Sermon on the Mount'. His opinion and advise regarding the application of Christian belief to living life 'rightly'. Apparently it was a source of spiritual guidance for early AA members.
Nancy Wilson Ross's 'Buddhism: A Way of Life and Thought'. A text which gives an overview of Buddha's life and basic teachings, an introduction to general teachings and practice, and in depth study of the three main types of Buddhism.
That should keep my mind occupied for awhile!
They also offer a wide selection of movies and music for loan. I picked up a CD version of the Travelling Wilbury's debut release (as my copy is on tape) and Roseanne Cash's 'Black Cadillac' which had really good reviews. It'll be yummy.

There was an open house at a townhouse for sale, in a complex where a friend lives, so I did a walk through and checked it out. Okay, not bad...a little small. I see my lawyer Wednesday so things are progressing, however slowly. He took off early for a long weekend - he's in his 70's - down to the race at Indianapolis, lucky bugger.

I'm off for a quick snooze before dinner - still trying to shake this cold. Ta.

Oh, and thanks to everyone who has been taking time to comment. Glad you're stopping by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home