Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Checking In

This week, so far, has been about accomplishing a multitude of tasks, catching up on living, touching base on some important relationships and getting some much needed rest.

Lynda is on afternoon shift this week so we've worked together in the mornings clearing the way for our transition. While she's at work I play catch up on all my 'stuff'; make my calls and do my running around. When she arrives home in the late evening we get our updates about the other's day, watch the news and Letterman, and simply talk.

Last night we'd been talking about 'Late, Late Night' host Craig Ferguson's disclosure , some time ago, that he's a recovering alcoholic (that tidbit during a monologue taking the 'entertainment' media to task for hounding 'at-risk' celebrities and ascerbating their apparent problems). There are no coincidences - one of his guests on the show last night brought up that past monologue and they discussed both topics further. The original talk can be dug up on YouTube and runs about 8 minutes. Powerful stuff and kudos to Mr. Ferguson for 'proper' responsible use of the medium.

Yesterday we had Mom out for a few hours getting her hair done and doing some shopping. I hadn't seen her during that stretch of work I did, so about 10 days. I needed my Mom 'fix'. She's a good old soul.

It wasn't planned this way but Lynda and I got into 'that talk' today just before she left for work and as a result she was a half hour late getting there - something that never happens. The talk was wide ranging and both good and bad; affirming feelings and laying out some of the past hurts. It's as I thought; she still loves me but didn't want to set me up with false hope for the future and more hurt. As I see it we can only continue to work toward a future together if we do it without expectation. I know that seems contrary and needs expansion but....that's the way it is right now. Perhaps an unattainable goal but a goal nonetheless. (But the most important words in that whole paragraph of course are, 'she still loves me'.)

I've touched base today with my realtor and mortgage broker just to confirm that all the bases are covered and things are a 'go'. They are. Everything is in the hands of the realty lawyer now for him to do his work on and it looks like everything will continue on smoothly.

My soon-to-be-neighbour, Terry, was supposed to take me out for dinner prior to our meeting on Monday night but that didn't happen as he managed to injure himself while dirt biking. It sounded reasonably minor the other day but he has pulled all the muscles up the back of his leg from his butt to his heel. Not good; he's taking things very easy. These young guys; 37 going on 18!! (It's all about me - he better have healed before moving day or else)

Must go - the weather outside is too good to waste being inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home