Sunday, June 17, 2007

Winding Down Now

Tonight is the last of a 9 night stretch of work so I'm up to about 100 hours 'on the job'; that's enough - perhaps a little more than enough. It's been a good week in that I've been able to help a number of our clients move in positive directions, toward health and recovery. A nudge here, a suggestion there, different perspective on an idea or issue. Some good, long late night talks.

Today was the first day I didn't have to be up early and 'be' somewhere, 'doing' something. I invested the day in rest and got 8 & 1/2 hours of glorious sleep - all week I've got along on 4 or 5. I'm not bitching, just saying. I wish I could do the same Sunday but I have to be up and attend a committee meeting in the early afternoon - c'est la vie.

Next week is pretty free in that I have only a few concrete things I must do in certain blocks of time but I have lists of other things that need to be accomplished at some point through the week, mainly in regard to the move. If I'm able to get those things covered I might be able to come in for a volunteer day shift for a change; I haven't done one of those in a couple of months.

I was on the phone earlier to my son Russ in Calgary and daughter Sarah in Vancouver. The chat with Sarah was very brief; she was just on her way out the door so I'll catch up with her and all her news tomorrow night. Russ informed me that he'd just booked his flight for his visit here in August and this time he's bringing his girlfriend. It'll be my first opportunity to meet her. They'll have a full 2 weeks to visit with me and a number of other family and friends. By the time they leave town Sarah will have had her baby and I'm intending to head to Vancouver to see she, Daniel and their baby. What a blast that will be!! Plus, I haven't had an actual holiday in 4 or 5 years ....... hmmm ..... I think I'm due. It'll be nice to see Vancouver again; beautiful city.

Incredibly, things on the homefront continue to go surprisingly well. Now with legalities out of the way, the townhouse bought, a move date in sight .... acceptance(?) .... tensions are down, talking is easier and there is still some affection. Call me crazy but there may still be some little hope. Who knows what the future may hold? Certainly not me. Anything is possible; anything!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course anything is possible. :)

5:53 PM, June 18, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

And I did say at one point that I'd given up....I lied.

Possible? Yes. Likely? Don't know. I can't afford to place any expectations on it. We'll see.

Still something to aim for....

10:11 PM, June 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home