Thursday, June 14, 2007

Dumbstruck

There's going to be a little talk about God here so if you aren't comfortable with that....page away.....

Okay, at the risk of being thought a touch insane, there was an event which happened Wednesday afternoon that removes all doubt from my mind that the God of my understanding is working in my life. I don't usually make sweeping declarative statements like that but there you have it. Some incidents leave you wondering whether it may be random occurrence or simple co-incidence but the ties are so close you have a pretty good idea whose work is at hand. The God of my understanding is usually a low-key subtle player who nudges and suggests, then lets me make my own conclusions. Not today. This was more a 'shaken by the scruff of the neck', 'slapped upside the head', 'no holds barred' version.

It lasted about 20 seconds; it was significant to only two people; we both saw it unfold and only we saw it happen; we looked at each other and both knew it for what it was. We were left profoundly shaken. And rightly so; it's not every day you hear God speak so clearly.

And yes, I'm mentally and emotionally fine - thanks for asking. Back to your regularly scheduled posts soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had one of those profound experiences. It's tough to explain to others. Almost impossible, really.

It was life changing, that's for sure.

1:27 PM, June 14, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

That's why I didn't try to explain the actual evvent - I haven't words for that. Certainly it'll never be forgotten. New levels of belief.

2:13 PM, June 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home