Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Really BIG News

So much has happened in the last couple of days it's hard to know where to start but....straight to the latest and most important. The townhouse is mine!!!!

I'd been up early to attend a meeting with Lynda's real estate lawyer and we signed off on everything giving her sole ownership of the house. After dropping her back at her workplace I was driving home and got a call from my realtor to say that everything was proceeding with my offer; that info had been conveyed to the mortgage broker and I'd have an answer later Tuesday or on Wednesday. Still on the way home, not 10 minutes later, I got a call from the mortgage broker and he informed me I'd just bought a house!! He's coming to the house Wednesday afternoon to gather some additional information, fill out some forms and it'll be a done deal.

Now I have to admit that my initial reaction was a sort of dumbstruck happiness but as the reality sunk in, as with everything else, there's a process to it. It came to me that for the first time in 3 months I have a reasonable idea of what my immediate future holds - I have somewhere to go. That was huge. And so, happy as I was, there I was leaning over the kitchen sink with tears of relief and joy splatting down the drain. That was the best single minute I've had in ages. (somewhere to go, somewhere to go, somewhere to go......my mantra for the day)

Odd as this may seem; Wonder Woman and I splurged and headed out for a celebratory dinner at Red Lobster and had surf & turf. We had a bit of fun about who should pay and whether we ought to be going dutch or not. I anted up in the end.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

congratulations!

can't wait to see the photos of your new home

having moved house more times than I am old, I'm not that excited about seeing photos of the packing box stage :)

4:03 AM, June 13, 2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

YAY! That's such good news.

4:33 AM, June 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray!!! I'm so glad it worked out for you. :)

1:05 PM, June 13, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Thanks all; everything is coming together quickly now and the prevailing emotion continues to be one of relief. Now the fun part begins trying to figure where everything is to go. No probs.

1:17 PM, June 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home