Saturday, October 20, 2007

Celebration I

Who'da thunk it? After having made a couple of blogging friends, following their mostly daily entries, commenting on their posts and developing a dialogue through background emails I followed their encouragement and made my initial blog post one year ago today. Yaaaaaayyy!!

So, thanks to Michelle of Seeking Serenity in South Africa; and to Kel of the x facta in Oz for those initial prods to action. Also to Glen of theWorldwideGlen in Seattle for his kind words. Following my nose and links on sites I've made a couple of friends along the way - Robin at Bountiful Healing / and Life In The Bogs in Ohio (whose writing and photography I very much admire); and a couple of 'Sue's' - one in Nevada who has been very encouraging whenever I mention smoking/quitting - and also Sue formerly of callinitquits in Wisconsin, a remarkable lady and terrific writer.

This has also provided a vehicle to stay in touch with a couple of friends locally - JPW and 'fuzzychip'; and my cuz BJ - glad to have you along for the ride.

Any of you who have been around since the beginning know this has been quite a ride; a few twists, turns and tumbles on the way. Thanks for sticking around and for your care - your comments and emails have made a huge difference for me. You've helped me through a couple of very rough spots and also fight the isolation of working night shift. Gracias.

Oh, and as for the little graphic at the top - I was going to bake a cake but I had to settle for a couple of minutes with the 'paint' program. Such an artiste!!! C'est la vie.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Norm!!!
You don't know how your blog has helped me!!

I am plesed to have been invited to stay tuned and offer what I may.

Your friend J.

12:53 PM, October 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blog Birthday, Norm!!

I like the graphic. Very nice. :)))

6:21 PM, October 20, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

J - although we don't talk frequently my world is a better place knowing you're out there. Stick around.

Robin - much appreciated; good to hear from you. Thanks for your ongoing encouragement and input.

1:09 AM, October 21, 2007  
Blogger Kel said...

Joyeux anniversaire!

[practising my French for the big OS trip next year]

love that artwork

glad to have met you in the big world of the web

4:34 AM, October 22, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Right back atcha Kel!!

11:05 AM, October 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home