Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Long Or Short.....

.....this is one of those posts which I have no idea where it might wind up (could be deleted) or what may be revealed.

I'm in a strange frame of mind as I'm processing some discouraging news. Nothing terribly upsetting but it has managed to throw my brain into a controlled overdrive nonetheless. So I won't be waxing poetic, lyrical nor eloquent tonight. I had considered adhering to my grandmother's advice and say nothing at all if I had nothing good to say but bear with me..... I might manage to come up with something.

Resolution - I like making these ones I have no problem complying with; I'm stuffed.

Tangent - I'm aware of the fact that lately this has become largely anecdotal, day-to-day reporting of events once again and that really isn't where I want this to be headed so I'm considering what I might do about that. (note to self for tomorrow tho - Audrey's medallion)

Dilemma - A program friend of mine has some notriety in their career and I was curious about their work so I 'googled' her last night. Some of her work is biographical and so now I know much more about her than seems appropriate even though it is public knowledge. Do I disclose I found specifics when all I was looking for was general information about projects she has worked on? Or simply shut up?

JPW - if you haven't connected with that counsellor you inquired about - he's overnight Tuesday.

One of my sponsees is leaving this weekend for a remote location in the far north to work on an installation project. We're working out the logistics this week for regular communications either by phone, email or a combination thereof. He also wants to do his 5th step with me before he leaves - we'll have to find a way to fit that in.

Sarah's Daniel has a significant anniversary today - here's to continued success with that. Sarah sent a couple of new pictures of Zeph tonight but the link won't open. If I can open it from home I'll save and post them. I'll be talking with them later on tonight passing on congratulations.

For quite a time, by mutual consent, Lynda and I were leaving issues alone in order to see where things might lead. We've been getting on really well so over the course of the last few days we've cracked the lid off that stuff and started to gently explore things an item at a time. If things get heated we back off, allow one another the right to differing opinion and drop it for the time being. It's a start....... I can stand some upset providing it leads in the direction of resolution.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm interesting..
I hope you are able to figure out your dilemma my friend. Coffee anytime, but you know that!

3:25 PM, October 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think you should write about whatever you want to write about, be it music or day-to-day events.

I'm not sure about the dilemma. I'd probably blab to the friend about it because I'm not good at keeping that sort of stuff from friends.

Glad to hear you and Lynda are at a point where you can explore. :)

4:57 PM, October 16, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

JPW - Thanks; we should make a point of doing that.

Robin - Sometimes it just gets to seem like a ramble....ya know? I feel the need to change it up a bit.
The dilemma has a few more layers to it than I explained; many more details would have made it too specific and made it possible ot ID her. There are other concerns too.
I'm happy with the ways in which Lynda and I are progressing but we continue to hit the odd bump in this road to happy destiny.

8:58 PM, October 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home