Saturday, October 20, 2007

Crazy Day

It was nuts - I had to take my phone to bed with me today in order to get the call about the job, couldn't see who was calling and so answered a number of calls. Very little, very broken sleep - now one very tired guy.

As soon as I'd woken and got coffee on my sponsee arrived and we got into a drawn out version of his 5th step. It might have been because I wasn't completely with it and wasn't very directive but it was a wide ranging inventory which took a few hours. I'd been invited by Lynda to dinner over at the house and was too late to eat with her but enjoyed a good roast beef dinner. Better late than sorry..... and good to see her.

Thankfully work has been quiet and my work was out of the way early.

I've had a few emails tonight from my relapsing friend - he has 2 sober days under his belt and is coming for coffee when I get up today. Keep coming back bud.

Just one more night shift.......

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get some rest soon, Norm.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the day shift job. I used to enjoy commuting on the train for the reason you mentioned: reading!

6:25 PM, October 20, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Thanks Robin - I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops and getting back into a 'real' world routine.

11:18 PM, October 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home