Thursday, February 14, 2008

Here's The Answer......

.... to the aforementioned teaser.

But first some music befitting the day. Happy Valentine's Day! Hugs and kisses all round.

So, my son Russ had emailed and asked me to phone him last weekend; that tipped me something was up. When I called I wasn't able to reach him and left a message as to when he could contact me. Another email, another plan to phone. Russ and I aren't in frequent contact, get along fine face-to-face but our phone conversations are always awkward and stilted. A pair of gifted conversationalists, we aren't.

Lynda and I were sitting here last night when I recalled that I was to have called him. A little after midnight here; 10 p.m. there - no problem. He picks up and we yack back and forth catching up on recent events and the conversation is quickly running out of steam after just a few minutes. So I ask the question - 'Well Russ, do you have some big news for me?' Yeah Dad; actually I do. You're going to be a grandfather again at the end of July!

Originally Lynda hadn't planned to talk to him, not wanting to horn in on our time on the line but ... as soon as I said to him 'So when is Melissa due?' she was just abouncin' and wanting the phone. Between the two of us we got the full story to date - she's 17 weeks along; the pregnancy has been going fine; was having an ultrasound today; they're undecided about whether they want to know the baby's sex, or not; are looking for a place to live; are talking about marriage but no decision as yet.

I'm really pleased for them - they make a great couple and I think they would be terrific parents. I wonder if I can get a deal through one of the airlines for these upcoming frequent trips to Vancouver and Calgary. Gotta BE THERE!!!

**Note** to cousin BJ - You know that family tree you and our fave Aunt did?? Best add another branch, darlin'.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home