Friday, March 28, 2008

It's Friday Night....!!!!!!




and no, it isn't that lush and green here (yet...)
but I felt like another splash of colour this evening.

Funny week. Low energy. Alright weather - a little snow the other day.
Otherwise, a dominant high pressure system and clear skies with decent temps.

I try to live in the present and appreciate the moment.
A bunch of us were standing outside after a noon time meeting
and enjoying the mild weather, sunshine and one another's company.
There were some powerful thought provoking messages shared around that table today.
A men's only closed discussion group - 25 to 30 in attendance. 3 of us from my home group.
One fellow completed treatment at our facility early this week; good to see him out doing the 'do's'.
A number of guys in excess of 20 years sobriety, a couple close to 50.

Hmmm.... let's see.... one day at a time.... at 50 years sobriety I'd be just shy of my 99th birthday.
A worthy goal.....


The mess is cleaned up from an early dinner and I've checked in to see how Lynda's day went.
Time to pack up my gear and head over to the house for the night.
There should be time to walk the dogs before dark if I hurry.
Later.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home