Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Tid-Bits and Bat Bites

Last night I caught a music show (meant to google it before writing, oh well, that is what edit is for) for the release of an album by Bryan Ferry (of Roxy Music fame) covering all Bob Dylan tracks - Dylanesque. Most of the songs were from early in Bobs career - mid 60s, early 70s - and a couple of more current ones. I can usually take Mr Ferry in small doses but I was pleasantly surprised with his efforts here. The music was well arranged and he had a killer backup band who were able to flesh out Dylans music in a beautifully understated sort of way. Something else for me to track down... never ending.

That show lead into a bio program about Ozzy Osborne which did a creditable job - hitting the highlights and recalling some of his and Black Sabbaths hits. Not enough songs but..... it was good to hear Crazy Train again. My brother and I were fans way back when they released their first couple of albums. Actually I had forgotten some of the show biz pranks and media hype surrounding Ozzy - like the bat fiasco. I just wish he could learn to speak English like a normal human being, poor bugger.

Back on the weekend sometime Lynda and I watched a movie that I will have to rewatch; its called The Departed. With Matt Damon & Leonardo. Good story line, well acted.... but any time a movie is about undercover stuff and doublecrosses I inevitably lose the thread of the story in all the details of the scam. Like I said - it is a rewatch situation for me. If you see it; PAY CLOSE ATTENTION right from the beginning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home