Sunday, September 07, 2008

Down Played

Sorry about the low output this week but I've been keeping myself to myself a bit and laying low. I've had a couple of hours Friday and today with Lynda before coming to work so that is a good thing. Ditto today with Sarah and Zeph - they had gone into Toronto by train on Thursday for a visit with an old friend of Sarah's; back again Friday evening. I can see changes in Zeph by the day he's changing so quickly. His dad will notice big changes by the time they get home later this week.

In down time here at work I finished the Susan Sarandon biography. I found it informative but thought the author padded it with a lot of repetitive 'stuff'. That is a highly technical term - 'stuff'. I'm well into the Jodie Foster one now. One of the counsellors I work with had noticed me reading it and brought in a couple of her videos from his collection. I watched 'Five Corners' last night and wouldn't recommend going to any great lengths to track it down - strange film. The other one is 'Stealing Home'; another one I hadn't heard of. We shall see.... I was rooting through our videos hoping to find something I hadn't seen before and came up with 'Hurricane' which I remembered having been mentioned in Norman Jewison's autobiography. I might fire it on shortly.

Otherwise, filling time with lots of blogland reading and enjoying what I'm seeing out there - not commenting much and that's okay.

Coming up: - later today all 3 stepsons + their partners are supposed to be coming over to visit and likely have dinner.
Monday Sarah and I have some more work to do on a project. I've been holding onto a bunch of her possessions for close to 10 years now. I got her to spend some time sorting it earlier today into keep, ditch, and pass along piles. So now we have to get some of it to the garbage area at the townhouse, some to the local Goodwill store, and bring some home and see how much she can pack to take home with her.
Monday night I might drag her to my home group meeting as she knows some of my group members from back when I first got sober.
Tuesday she and Zeph fly back to Vancity - ackkk!! gonna miss them!
Continue with the job hunt and hope something comes along......

Hey, ... not terrifically entertaining but a) that is what's going on and b) I'm too pooped to think.

Have a good week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo you. Have you seen 'The Brave One' with Jodie Foster?

Some footage near the beginning is incredibly hard to watch, but beyond that I highly, highly recommend the film. People have mixed reactions to it. Suffice to say, it spoke to me.

Good luck with the home stuff. - Am

5:10 PM, September 07, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

The counsellor who brought me the movies also recommended I watch 'The Brave One'. He said it was a strong story with great performances. Sounds like a must-have.

10:22 AM, September 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home