Thursday, March 05, 2009

Renewed, Refreshed

Ah, patience pays..... this period of discomfort and pain seems to be easing somewhat. T.G. I'm beginning to feel more myself again. Enough so that I'm getting back in the game and re-establishing contact with some folks I care about and had lapsed with. Getting out of myself and extending myself a bit. I was in a lousy headspace for a while there.

Roaming about the blogs is a constant wonder to me. I've done a lot of visiting around tonight and what I've seen affects me deeply - from laughing right out loud as I read, to being aghast at situations people cope with and get through, and moved to tears by the beautiful ways people use language to convey their thoughts, feelings and perceptions. Awesome.

So; what's new?? This lengthy cold snap is due to end in the next day or two and we'll see some temps above freezing over the weekend. Lord, I'm due. Bring it on in spades.

Last Sunday Lynda and I went to her hometown for her Mom's 80th birthday celebration. Good times; great turnout. It was to be a come-and-go luncheon and lots of folks came; no one seemed to want to leave. This was the first occasion that all 16 of Mother Mary's kids were together at the same time since their father's funeral almost 15 years ago. I had fun touring around and spending time with all my many in-laws. Lynda got re-acquainted with a gal who was her best friend for years when they were just into their teens - they used to horseback ride together. We made it home just in time for me to change clothes and come to work for the night making for a 23 hour day. Not the smartest way to start the week but well worth it. We miss too many family events because of work.

I'm hoping to get a few more pictures posted later on today after I get up; it depends on how well and how long I'm able to sleep.

Oh yeah - the firefight. Even after two conciliatory messages from me the guy still has his shorts in a knot. I didn't bother responding tonight to his latest comment. Best to let it lie, I think. We'll see what happens when he puts up a fresh post.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home