Thursday, March 05, 2009

Second Attempt Today

I tried this as soon as I arrived home this morning and gave up in frustration. During the long interval when I wasn't posting photos Blogspot must have made some changes to how they load and how to edit in html. Text won't flow properly; pictures disappear..... arrggghhhh!!!!

Time for another look at Wordpress.....






























So, I'll go the easier softer way and save myself some aggravation. Aaahhhh!, all better now.
Shot #1 was taken outside the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and shows some funky sculptures of their resident snowmen. That is the Skydome in the background; home of the Blue Jays.
Shot #2 is an old L-shaped house that was being used as a car sales lot. It was situated at a small but busy intersection in an area undergoing rapid development. The house has since been torn down to make way for the intersection reconstruction and expansion. That evening threatened severe weather and at that point looked like we could get a tornado. I thought the shot had good strong graphic qualities; dark and angular.

Shot #3 - I shot this specifically to be a screensaver fo my phone. I liked the various colours of the stone work, the random shapes, and the textures. Most of the shapes are angular and square-ish except that one at right centre.
Shot #4 - This was back when Jupiter and Venus were very closely aligned and as steady as I could hold my hand it still shows squiggly movement. If it hadn't been for the beautiful flare effect from the streetlight I likely would have deleted it.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kel said...

wordpress?
I just sent one up there and think blogger has the best free platform
in regards to personalising pages

but wordpress offers a template that works like a website with pages, rather than a blog - hence the trial

love your pic of the stones
earthy, rustic, grounding,

if i could print it large enough, we'd put it on the wall behind our yet to be installed woodheater :)

1:52 AM, March 06, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

Re: Wordpress - it had been recommended to me by a couple of people so I set one up and played a bit. That was a few months ago and I didn't cotton on to it very well - same sorts of problems with text wrap around photos. (I'm not too bright some times but don't tell anyone.)

Thanks for the compliment about the stones picture. Feel free to copy it and use it any way you wish. (You could consider it a house warming as I wasn't able to send anything.) I might print a copy myself cuz I like it so much.

2:49 AM, March 06, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love #3!
It would be an amazing abstract painting.

2:04 PM, March 06, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

Amazing isn't it how a combination of shapes and subtle colours done with a simle material can 'work' for us. I thought it interesting that my eye was drawn to the anomoly; the one shape that didn't belong, yet does.

If that is your muse calling you; go answer! You're welcome to use it, too - even if it's just a jumping off point.

Glad to see you here Lea - been thinking of you.

2:37 PM, March 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home