Friday, June 15, 2007

Past, Present, Future

Earlier tonight I was wandering back through the archives here; that was a bit of a trip. I've gotten completely away from whatever the original intent might have been. (and I think I said something to that effect before) Whatever....it's been of value as a means of expression and an outlet for the overload of thoughts, emotions and states of mind I've been through.

Looking back I didn't find anything I regretted posting although, in regard to Lynda, there were a couple that were borderline. I did at one point edit my profile blurb and removed the reference to her that was once there - to what effect I wonder?? Was that supposed to excise her out of existence - dunno. Didn't work, that's for sure.

Reading the back pages has been a reminder of things I've intended to do - like getting in touch with wife #2, Jan, to fact check before expanding on that story I submitted for Kel's contest way back. Still can't believe you sent that book all the way from Oz (must get that out for a re-read).

JPW and I still haven't got together for so much as coffee, nevermind sitting down to a meal - maybe at the new place. I'll be at my home group Monday night (guests are welcome) and your packet of discs is still here at the 'house'. Call me.

It's great that some of you post comments; there are some (like my cuz BJ) who never comment to the blog but email often. Some of those direct messages are the best - BJ, Robin, JPW, Susan, Michelle, Suzie - both from a support / encouragement / inspiration standpoint and straight informational stuff. Some of you must be very fast typists because I know it eats a lot of time replying to your lengthy messages.

The site meter gives me some information about who visits; it also raises a couple of questions in that I know from 'comments left' that specific people check in, but don't appear where you're supposed to be in 'details' or the map. Remote server?? Something to do with RSS feeds?? Must do some research. Michelle?? You know about this stuff.

Things will settle soon and I'll be able to get back to those things I like to write about and less about 'self'. Right now, I gotta go. Later.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dreadful at email and try to make up for it by leaving comments.

Does it work? LOL!

2:16 PM, June 15, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

LOL!! It sure does - anyway you choose to stay in touch is just fine, so long as you do!!

I'm surprised you find time to comment - you write a ton on your own. I'm so glad I found Bountiful Healing; you do a great job and I always get something from it - the quotes and beautiful photos. Nice to keep up with the Bogs and all your touring around, too.

2:58 PM, June 15, 2007  
Blogger Kel said...

blogs are a work in progress and can change at the whim of the blog owner - so you're publishing in the right medium Norm

it's the personal stories, unique personalities and creative mindset of bloggers that appeal to me

seeing the world from another's perspective is a good growth tool, increasing our understanding, compassion and appreciation - all good stuff that makes the world a better place

10:46 PM, June 15, 2007  
Blogger Norm said...

Kel - a couple of things - a list is only as good as it's glaring omissions; you should have been included in mine of those who are of great help.

Thanks as always for your take on things. You know how highly I value your opinion.

1:22 AM, June 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home