Sunday, July 15, 2007

Time Is Short.......Again

It's late in my shift so this will be a quick one - time to wrap up and get on home to bed.

Earlier tonight I managed to call Calgary and spend about half an hour on the line to my son Russ in Calgary. Better late than never - we got caught up on each others news and made some plans for when he comes to town next month.

Next up, a call to Sarah in Vancouver. She has one month left until her due date and says she's all belly, no butt. Other than a sore lower back she's feeling fine and a new ultrasound on Friday confirms the baby is doing well. Sarah's mom had flown Friday night from Calgary to Vancouver so she could attend Sarah's baby shower on Sunday. Sarah handed off the phone and Vicki & I yacked for another half hour. I guess in some ways I've been blessed; I've married three pretty incredible women. [Maybe I should check in with Jan and see how she's been doing.(??)]

I should have internet hooked up at home sometime this week and I'll be able to get back to regular posts and more photos again. One thing I keep running up against when I want to get particular pictures is getting proper vantage points. It can really be key to getting the composition right; I find I've been settling with what I can get. Same with time of day lighting; I tend to be driving home at daybreak and lighting shifts very quickly. I'm generally not out and about through most of the day so I run into the same thing in the evening on my way back to work. Exercize a little more discipline and patience I suppose.

With a couple of days off it'll give me a chance to re-think where this blog is going again. Lately I haven't had time to pay much attention to the things that interest me so I've had nothing to say about music, books, art or any sort of current events. There is a lot of work facing me at home so it may be a while before I have time for myself or any of my interests. Oh; and there's that small matter of salvaging our marriage to deal with. Sometimes I think I should be twins; I might have time for everything.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've often wished I could be twins for the same reason.

Seems to me you'll learn a lot about taking photos at those times of day and in that lighting.

8:56 AM, July 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to get back online, Norm. I tagged you, you know. :)

6:06 PM, July 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home