Friday, June 20, 2008

Chillin' in Vancity

The trip is good; it's good to re-connect with Sarah, Daniel and especially Zeph. He's a bright, happy, healthy 10 1/2 month old boy who is active and into everything. I arrived Wednesday afternoon and he had just cut a third tooth in that 24 hours - a little cranky but understandably so.

Yeah, I was getting real antsy on the way to the airport thinking I might miss my flight because of a big wreck on the highway and the resulting backup. Made it to the airport to find my flight had been delayed by an hour. Whew!!!! Yeah Baby!! The flight was uneventful - (just as I like them) - I split my time between reading and gawking out the window. I think I missed my calling; shoulda been a pilot. I never tire of watching the transformations and features of the land we fly over. Fascinating.

Yesterday I went into the city on my own by bus to wander around awhile and also to take in an AA meeting. (I always try to preplan when and where they are to be found before even leaving home.) I had hoped to run into one of our alumni there but we had our signals crossed. Sarah followed me into town with Zeph in tow and we set off to tour a touristy area called Granville Island. It is a market - all sorts of produce, meats, fish; and there are a variety of shops and galleries and working artists and artisans. I bought a replacement quartz pendant for the one I'd purchased there last year and subsequently broken.

Between the walking I had done on my own, then together with Sarah, my legs were burnt out and hurting. Vancouver is a hilly place!! We bused it back to the house and I sent them out for a late dinner so I could lie down for a rest. Lately I've been trying to pamper my back as it has been very sore and bothering me quite a lot. Apparently that is the wrong thing to do; I need to take a page from Robin's book and get active. That walking should have been therapeutic but it highlighted the extent of the problem instead. That goes onto the 'to-do' list.....

Lynda and I have kept in touch via email on a regular basis and had a phone conversation earlier on today. She's keeping herself busier than a one-armed paperhanger; everywhere, all the time....going, going, going.

The plan for today is to attend a baseball game - Pacific league triple A? - not sure; have dinner together, and then Sarah is planning to accompany me to another meeting. This one didn't seem as easy to find so I will have my guide... not to get lost.

I've scanned a couple of blogfriend's latest posts but I'm certainly not up on things like I ought to be. Liked the blogcast Am; nice pickings from the garden Robin!

Gotta go.... batter up!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying your trip. Is this Vancouver Washington, I wonder? Pacific league... probably.

You had a hand in inspiring the blog-cast, cus it was your suggestion on 'spoken word' in the previous post that got me back on the Mic, so cheers!

Zeph, cranky or not, I miss that age. They're so freakin' cute when they can potter around a little.

8:47 PM, June 25, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Although we went I'm still not sure what the league was. It was nice to get out to a game, sit in the bleachers.

Zeph took his first few steps and shocked himself in the process. 'How'd I do that?'

3:15 AM, June 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just getting caught up with you, Norm. Sounds like life has been good, and busy. :)

10:37 AM, June 28, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

Things are good - i m smiling.

The only problem with getting away is I want to travel more, see more, do more......

4:37 PM, June 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home