Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lazy B*stard....

For no particular reason really, having a difficult time focusing this week. Maybe the time shift from the west coast and being back on nights after a break of a few weeks. Ah well - who knows?? Not overly important anyway.

Last night I spent catching up on friend's blog posts and following links; being wowed here, laughing my butt off there. Trying not to let work intrude upon following my nose about the blogs. ha, ha, ha. Thanks Am, for your visit and comments.

There is lots going on here at work, a real mixture of both good and bad. On one hand I'm going to email my boss asking for clarification of some news and offering my services next week to help out. On the other hand, I spent the last hour searching for jobs on-line (here and Vancouver). Note to self - update that CV. The house population has taken a slight dip and a couple of problem clients have completed their stays and left, T.G.

Mom emailed and phoned earlier today to see whether or not I had returned home from my trip. Sorry Ma, I'm playing catch up here and should have called. I had to split cutting the lawn over two days in order to retame it. A little rain, a little sun..... it's a jungle out there.

I'll share something here that my daughter Sarah sent along which welcomed me home. It's about the paradoxes inherent in what we ask for and what we receive. (I don't know who wrote it so I can't give proper credit.)

I asked for strength and God gave me difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for wisdom and God gave me problems to solve.
I asked for prosperity and God gave me brawn and brain to work.
I asked for courage and God gave me dangers to overcome.
I asked for patience God placed me in situations where I was forced to wait.
I asked for love and God gave me troubled people to help.
I asked for favors and God gave me opportunities.
I asked for everything so I could enjoy life. Instead, He gave me life so I could enjoy everything.
I received nothing I wanted I received everything I needed.
My prayer has been answered.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home