Friday, June 27, 2008

Courtesy of.....

.......cousin BJ and the Dalai Lama, no less.

BJ wrote to say she had checked in and seen my posts about the trip west; here is what she had to say:

I thought about you when I read the Dalai yesterday - you had expressed concern about affordability and going out west and decided to go with it and what he wrote just made me feel that his words confirmed what you did....good one to leave us with over the summer I think "time never waits but keeps flowing. Not only does time flow unhindered, but correspondingly our lives too keep moving onward all the time." He cited this as the reason that second chance is really just an expression - it's the first chance always that you need to take advantage of since you won't pass that way, the same way again.......good stuff huh?

Good stuff indeed - he's too great and learned for me to argue with. Thanks for sharing and also for the validation. Another friend shared that it is better to perhaps regret things done instead of left undone. I agree with that perspective as well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent stuff. :)

10:34 AM, June 28, 2008  
Blogger Norm said...

I m lucky to have BJ and have her bring things like this to my attention. Blessed actually.

4:40 PM, June 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home