Friday, March 06, 2009

f-Stop Friday











Wow! I haven't done one of these in a dogs age but seeing as how I'm back into posting photos again I thought it was in order. BTW, thanks for the positive comments on this latest bunch I've put up. Your comments are appreciated (and encouraged) Feel free to say what you don't like, too.





I'm not going to mess around with trying to put type where I want it.... too muc agg. Big, big shift in the weather - it got milder straight through last night and I've gotten up to a balmy 14C, which if memory serves, is around 55F. Huge difference from the -25 from just the other night., and I love it.
With that in mind I thought I'd clear the deck and look back on a few wintery shots so I can start thinking of the season in 'past' terms. (I know we aren't done yet but.....)
Shot #1 is Freedom playing sentinel on her hill over looking her domain during on particularily fierce storm. Good girl!!!
#2 was taken at work after we had been dumped on a couple of days in a row. It has been so cold that it hasn't alll had a chance to melt yet - no where near that deep anymore, but still..... go away.
#3 is looking straight up our driveway. Taken one morning after arriving home from work and being unable to negotiate the driveway because it was too deep and choked with snow to drive in. I'll do a spring or summer shot another time for comparison.
#4 is one I took last year while living at the townhouse. Meet my gate. I liked the stuck-on snow on the board faces and the blue cast that the low light gives this. It's a strong linear image, too.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is gonna be one cool picnic at that table!

12:40 PM, March 07, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

The only thing I can think of for the menu is 'eskimo pie' ice cream sandwiches. Course you'd need your bum warmer if you were going to be sitting for long.

2:40 PM, March 07, 2009  
Blogger Kel said...

can you eat snow angels?

my first thought was to flop down onto the tabletop and make a snow angel

2:50 AM, March 09, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

Yes but you might get a heavenly brain freeze happening!!

7:50 AM, March 09, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#4, with the gate, is my favorite. :)

All that snow is making me cold. Kel's idea made me chuckle.

10:48 AM, March 09, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

Kel is a card that should be dealt with. ar, arr.

Let's hope we're about done with snow for this season, hmmm??

6:08 PM, March 09, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Egads. How do you go outside?? In my neck of the woods, that kind of day calls for everyone staying home...school cancelled, no need to drive to work. We're wimpy.

10:58 AM, March 11, 2009  
Blogger Norm said...

There are many times I'd like the luxury of wimping out but.... the expectation is that life carries on regardless. And so, so far as possible, we do.
It does make for some trying, white knuckle times behind the wheel though.

11:03 AM, March 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home