Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Told'ja so.....

This week is coming together as I figured. I'm just out of bed and at work. After I rouse the clients and we all eat I run a staff meeting... then I'm out of here for the day. Back here for a day shift tomorrow.

I'm pretty tired having worked about 110 hours over the last 9 or 10 days so I plan on taking it easy today. Lynda is off work this week so I hope we can spend some time with my Mom either today or Friday.

I admitted one fellow yesterday and he joins a good motivated crew here looking to get well. Both afternoon meeting went well dealing with A.A.'s second and third steps - approaching faith and turning one's life and will over to a power greater than oneself.

The recovery community lost one of it's giants on Monday. Father Martin of La Havre, Maryland died at the age of 85. A recovering alcoholic and priest, he dedicated his life to learning about alcoholics, alcoholism and working to help alcoholics and their families recovery from the disease. Here at the centre we show some of his series of videos to our clients and last evening I showed them one entitled 'Guidelines'. He closed the talk with a prayer which had a number of us in the room teary eyed. God bless him. (Personally I think he shold be fast tracked for the sainthood.)

A quick check-in..... time to get on with the day. Have a good one unless you've already made other plans.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home